What Makes You Happy : Many people look for the happiness and wonder what can really make them happy. A positive relationship makes us happy and healthy.
Books about the search for happiness and recipes for happiness can be found in every bookstore in the meantime. And the demand doesn’t seem to end. If you ask people what part of their happiness is, health, satisfaction, time for themselves, professional fulfillment, prosperity, etc. are mentioned again and again. All of this may contribute to our personal happiness. But there is something elementary that makes us happy: In the context of the Grant Study and the Glueck Study, researchers found that other people with whom we have a positive relationship make us happy.
What Makes You Happy : The Grant Study and The Glueck Study
For both of these studies, researchers spent more than 75 years dealing with the question of what really makes us happy. To do this, they observed over 600 people, and studied their biographies, examined their blood count, and scanned their brains. The central result of the question of happiness is: Good relationships with other people not only make us happier but also healthier.
Good relationships make us happy.
When it comes to relationships, it is not the quantity that counts, but the quality: the size of your circle of friends or family is less important than the way you feel in the company of these people. Deep relationships that do you good contribute to inner relaxation and let yourself be who you really are. A fulfilled partnership makes us happier, but a partnership is not the key to happiness. Anyone who lives in an unhappy couple relationship is more unhappy than a single who does not have a partner who loves himself but is an important caregiver whom he can trust.
Love makes you happy and keeps you healthy.
Love has many positive effects on our emotional stability and also on our health. Lonely people or people in an unhappy relationship tend to have poorer health and even have a lower life expectancy. However, those who feel loved are happier and healthier. The presence of a loved one, who may still provide comfort, can alleviate psychological and physical pain because the nervous system relaxes, and the brain also recovers from psychological or physical stress. That may make us live longer and happier.
What Makes You Happy? Tips for a happy life
- Less is often more: take smaller steps and look forward to something instead of wanting everything.
- Check your impulses and do not immediately give in to all instincts, but go inside yourself first, relax.
- Choose the right partner. Choosing the wrong partner can make you miserable for a lifetime.
- Be optimistic and look positively into the future. The black picture only makes you unhappy.
- Learn to deal with blows of fate: Stoicism, humor, altruism, partial repression coupled with a sense of reality can help you with this.
- Make others happy. Then happiness will rub off on you too.
- Enjoy your little happiness, and thank the people who make you happy for it!
And what makes you happy? We look forward to your comment!