Relationships Feelings : If you have been together for many years now, it is normal that with time the passion and fire will not be as strong as when you started your relationship. However, this does not mean that they have disappeared irretrievably and that this fire cannot be rekindled. Only one thing is important: whether a lasting feeling connects you and your partner and whether you both really want to look for this fire.
Relationships Feelings: When the passion for each other in the partnership falls by the wayside
Anna presents herself as a happy but busy wife who has been married for 12 years. She makes a career and earns as much as her husband, a director in a large company. But that was not always the case. In the first years after the wedding, she sat at home with the children, cooking and doing the housekeeping. When the children grew up that she devoted herself more intensively to her professional career. When Christoph (her husband) temporarily lost his job, she was responsible for family finances. Under the influence of this unexpected role change, her serious bed problems began. And although Christoph has now found a very well paid job, her intimate problem has not disappeared but has worsened. The sex stopped making her happy. Finally, they stopped to sleep together. But it was worse when they almost stopped talking to each other. He went to work while she was still sleeping. He fell asleep in front of the television or alone when she wasn’t there. On weekends, they killed time by visiting family and friends. They didn’t talk to each other—neither about sex nor about their partnership itself.
An explanation for this situation
It is necessary to analyze the relationship between the partners in search of the reasons for the extinguished passion. First, you have to find out whether both partners have something in common. It may turn out that there is nothing left between them, just the differences. For this reason, it is essential to maintain the relationship and be there for each other every day.
Decalogue of a happy relationship for long-term couples
- Talk honestly about your sexual needs and what bothers you about the partner.
- Don’t blame yourself for bad intentions, don’t build guilt on your partner. The guilt in the partnership is always in the middle.
- Think about your partner’s non-sexual needs. If your husband works hard, don’t let him fix the tap when he comes back.
- Surprise your partner with a new hairstyle, a new outfit, or a new image. That brings a breath of fresh air to your relationship.
- Be nice to yourself and feel like you are just in love. Show your feelings to your partner every day. You have to cultivate love, regardless of how long you have been together.
- Spend time together. Find common interests because it will keep you together.
- Bring variety to your sex life. Rent a hotel for one night, get ready for that night as if you were just engaged. Relax and enjoy your togetherness!
- Appreciate your partner and his advantages and tell him what you love so much about him. This strengthens your emotional bond.
- Don’t go to sleep on the sofa in the living room. Clarify your problems instead of running away from them.
- Try to please your partner as often as possible. This refreshes your feelings and your love and puts you in a good mood. Life for two can be beautiful even after many years of marriage!