5 Best Cardio Exercise to Lose Weight
When we talk about losing weight by exercising, we are referring to losing fat. And this often does not translate immediately on the scale because the same person who weighs 60 kilos may have less fat than another who weighs the same.
Having clarified this, on a metabolic level, your body begins to consume lipids as an energy source when you take 25-20 minutes of continuous exercise.
However, science has shown that you can burn fat in less time by practicing interval training or HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), which consists of interspersing high-intensity exercise with low intensity.
What effect does HIIT have?
When you practice high-intensity exercise, you increase insulin tolerance, thereby burning glucose from carbohydrates more quickly. And once glucose is consumed, the next thing the body does is consume fat as an energy source.
Taking these premises into account, trainers advise us on cardio exercises for losing weight and how to get the most out of them.
RUN IN HIIT FORMAT
If you like to go jogging or running on the gym treadmill, cycling, or any other cardio activity, an effective way to help you lose weight is to perform in HIIT format:
- To get started, warm up for 10 minutes at a gentle intensity.
- Then perform 30 seconds of high intensity. You must feel that you are hyperventilating, that is, that you need oxygen.
- Then do 1 minute of moderate or low intensity.
- Repeat this interval at least 5 or 6 times (30 seconds at high intensity and 1 minute at moderate low).
Running 20 minutes in this way, you start burning fat sooner than if you do it continuously.
This exercise activates a large amount of muscle mass because it involves the legs, abdomen, arms, and back, so that cardiovascular work is elevated in a short time.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart. From this position, bring your hands to the ground.
- Once on the floor, bring your legs back until your body is parallel to the floor, and you are in plank or plank position.
- Lower your chest to the ground and then return to the starting position with a small jump to your feet.
To perform the burpee in HIIT format and thus increase fat burning, you must do 15 repetitions quickly and without stopping in 1 minute.
The burpee mobilizes many muscles, so it involves a great cardiovascular work
Once you have finished the 15 repetitions, the time that you have left until you complete the minute is the one that you can rest.
- Repeat the series 5 or 6 times to practice 5 or 6 minutes of exercise.
- If you are a beginner, you will surely start with 5 or 10 repetitions, whatever you can, and every three days, you should increase until you reach 15.
It is a jumping squat, and together with the burpee, it is one of the best cardio fat burning exercises to practice at home or in the gym since, by doing it fast and including the jump, the heart rate is greatly increased.
- Stand with your legs open shoulder-width apart. With your back straight, lower your glutes back as if you were going to sit in an imaginary chair. The knees mustn’t exceed the tips of the fingers.
- From this position, jump to the ceiling and return to the 90º position (sitting in the imaginary chair).
You can practice squat jump 20 or 30 times very quickly, rest what is left of the minute and repeat 5 times.
- Another option is to do 4 or 5 sets of 45 seconds without stopping and 15 seconds of rest.
- Remember that if you are a beginner you will do fewer repetitions, and you should gradually increase.
SKIPPING AND JUMPING JACK
The skipping is running without leaving the site.
And jumping jack is a very popular jumping exercise that consists of jumping by opening the legs and raising the arms to jump again by closing the legs and bringing the arms to the body.
- Both exercises can be practiced in HIIT format following the squat jump ( squat jump ) and great cardiovascular exercises.
YOUR FAT-BURNING CARDIO EXERCISE CHART
With these four exercises ( burpees, squat jump, skipping, and jumping jack), you can practice an effective 20 or 30-minute cardio table with a 10-minute warm-up that will help you lose weight.
Of course, you must be consistent and accompany the exercise of a balanced hypocaloric diet supervised by a specialist. Remember that the two pillars for losing weight are diet and exercise, and they must go hand in hand.